Credit card debt is stifling, and it is one of the most common types of unsecured debt that can be discharged completely through bankruptcy. To be sure, you do have options for debt relief, including debt consolidation, debt settlement and mortgage modification (if you own your home), but none are as effective and swift as bankruptcy.
Unsecured debt is the worst form of debt to have. It produces nothing tangible, and high interest rates all but guarantee that you will be struggling to pay off overwhelming credit card bills for years, perhaps decades to come. Credit card debt will get you in trouble with other bills and possibly lead to foreclosure, other loan defaults and loss of retirement savings, if it has not already.
Discharging And Negotiating Credit Card Debt
At Purcell, Krug & Haller, we help our clients understand the full consequences of credit card debt and other forms of unsecured debt. We help you negotiate with creditors and use bankruptcy to your advantage if it is the best option available to you. We help consumers and business owners regain control of their finances, rebuild their credit and eliminate unsecured debts.
Our attorneys are professionals. We have a comprehensive understanding of bankruptcy and debt collection laws, and we can help you put an end to creditor harassment.
Our firm has been helping individuals, families and businesses in Pennsylvania through bankruptcy and other forms of debt relief for decades. With offices in Hershey and Harrisburg, we can take action now to help you achieve a fresh financial start as soon as possible.
What Are The Benefits Of Bankruptcy?
- Bankruptcy puts an automatic stay order in place as soon as you file a petition with the court.
- An automatic stay puts an immediate stop to wage garnishment from your paycheck, bank account levies, lawsuits, attachments to property, foreclosure, repossessions and other collection actions.
- The automatic stay also makes it illegal for creditors to harass you during the bankruptcy process.
- You will be able to begin rebuilding your credit score while your bankruptcy is still in progress.
- Discharging credit card debt and other unsecured debts will allow you to reallocate money to other more important payments such as mortgage, car, education and tax payments.
The elimination of unsecured debt is critical to your long-term financial stability and getting on a path to financial freedom.
Schedule A Free Initial Consultation With Us In Harrisburg Or Hershey
Please email or call us at 717-260-3485 or toll free at 866-586-6058 to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our experienced bankruptcy lawyers. Gain a full understanding of your debt relief options.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.