Collisions involving big trucks often cause devastating injuries to all parties involved, including truck drivers. The force that a heavy truck unleashes when hitting any other vehicle, regardless of speed, is multiple times greater than when two cars collide or even if a car was to hit a building. If you or a loved one has been involved in a semi-truck, dump-truck or 18-wheeler accident in Pennsylvania, you should consult an experienced personal injury lawyer immediately.
- Do not admit fault (no matter how minor) at the scene or at any other time, but do inquire as to how other victims are feeling.
Provide a detailed description of the accident at the scene to police.
- File a detailed police report if no police appear at the scene.
- Collect contact information and accounts from all witnesses, drivers and passengers.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, including details and several angles to create strong visuals of the scene.
- Do not sign anything without consulting an attorney first.
- Only make statements directly to police officers who have asked you for a statement. Do not make statements about the accident to anyone else before consulting an attorney.
At Purcell, Krug & Haller, our truck accident attorneys in Harrisburg and Hershey guide and represent accident victims through all stages of accident injury claims. We handle all communications with insurance companies, independently investigate claims, and collaborate with accident reconstructionists and life care planners to build a rock-solid case capable of maximizing the compensation that you deserve for injuries and damages.
Who Is At Fault In My Truck Accident Case?
We will thoroughly examine several factors in your case, including federal safety standards and interstate carrier laws to determine fault. We will look at the hiring, training and scheduling practices of the trucking company. We will examine the driver's logbook to determine if shifts were scheduled too closely together. Driver fatigue and inattentiveness are common causes of devastating truck accidents.
Recovering Injury Compensation
Our attorneys are creative, persistent and resourceful. We have been fighting for the rights and interests of accident victims for over 60 years, securing maximum recoveries in settlements and verdicts for losses and damages such as:
- Lost current and future wages
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Long-term care
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Other losses
It is critical that you immediately call the police at the accident scene if you are able. Then, call our law firm for legal counsel and representation.
Speak With A Purcell, Krug & Haller Attorney Now
Please email or call us at 717-260-3485 or toll free at 866-586-6058 to speak with an attorney and schedule a free initial consultation. We may meet with victims in hospitals and at home, depending on the circumstances, to help them fully understand their legal options.
We handle all personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, assisting with most legal costs until we resolve your claim.